click to view
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Viewing the 'Changing Acts/Quests question' thread.

Changing Acts/Quests question

click to view
    After I finished all Normal mode game I am all ready to start the next round but I have a question.

I would like to level up Jeweling, farm gold for that and take some shots at bosses for better gear so I don't have to go to the AH for everything, I know good luck. Seems like just about everything that dropped for me was Int/Dex based and being a Bard I would like different stats.

So next level is Infernal I believe, how do I go back to Normal and farm Diablo or other bosses ?

Witchmarsh devotee

Playing:  LoTRO > STO
    Aliases:  30+ aliases, 1 end game
    On the change/select quest screen there should be a dropdown menu for your difficulty level in the lower left corner.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha Foxtrot For This Useful Post:

Buckeye (05-24-2012)

OMG I am so lame LOL

Thanks Alpha for pointing out what was right in front of me :)

I had just finished up Normal and then the next day I am slammed with a huge server project. So much hardware here, it's like christmas time. But I was major side tracked so I cma ehere and posted a dumb question :)

Thanks again :)

Fyi buckeye. I dont know where I read it but D3 isnt like old D2 days where you could farm the bosses. from what I read the best loot chance is from a random champion mob. Alot of people on the D3 forums are complaining about drop rates as well. if you find that magic loot spot please let us know. good luck and happy hunting.
    Wishforfish,Calcutta,Bigkatuna,Pelagos,Phinnatica, calicojack
    Cuda,Tortugas,Bluemarlin

Ah good to know that. I thought you could restart quests to get end bosses ?
    Its all good tho, end bosses havent dropped anything great for me, pretty much all vendor trash :(

Witchmarsh devotee

You can always restart quests, but to my knowledge, there aren't any great "start" points for just doing a boss. You almost always have to talk to someone, then dungeon crawl your way to the end. Example: You want to fight Skeleton King (if not for drops, then let's say to do the achievement) - the closest you can start will be teleporting into the royal crypt and having to go through the pillar fight first.

Maybe it's different for the Big 4 though. I've been too busy farming achievements in Act I to know much about the real game.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Alpha Foxtrot For This Useful Post:

Buckeye (05-24-2012)

Away

Quote Originally Posted by wild1 View Post
    Fyi buckeye. I dont know where I read it but D3 isnt like old D2 days where you could farm the bosses. from what I read the best loot chance is from a random champion mob. Alot of people on the D3 forums are complaining about drop rates as well. if you find that magic loot spot please let us know. good luck and happy hunting.
    I've seen the same thing, though I'm still only in Act 2 (dividing my time among three characters), so I'm certainly far from that point anyway.

-On Hiatus-

Playing:  D3, Hearthstone
    Aliases:  Tim
    After the first boss kill, the drop rate for rares is reduced. This is to prevent boss farming. It was fun farming Baal in D2, but it eventually got monotonous. I still miss it though :P

Witchmarsh devotee

Quote Originally Posted by tsunobi View Post
    After the first boss kill, that boss's drop rate for the toon that was used is reduced.
    It probably wouldn't be considered "farming," but you can always create a new character and do the story all over again to get the original drop rates.

In other words, for my 10 toons that I took to level 10, each one got a guaranteed yellow drop off Skeleton King the first time he or she killed him. Some got two. Some got one. The vast majority of "rare" drops I've encountered aren't even as good as the blues I've accumulated over time.

Playing:  D3, Hearthstone
    Aliases:  Tim

click to view
    Yeh lol

Players actually did that in the beta. Decked out characters just to see who has the highest dps in the beta. Unfortunately you can only do this on Normal difficulty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast