click to view
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes
Viewing the 'Bbq - in' thread.

Playing:  World of Warcraft
    Aliases:  Raven Winterhart, Raven Love, Raven Lily

click to view
    I hope everyone had a great 4th of July grill out! Ribs, Steak, potatoes and corn on the grill.....yummy!!

Aliases:  Mastachef9389 (XBL)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    I like to grill veggie kabobs with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, and zucchini. I'll brush my favorite BBQ sauce or a homemade concoction on them soon as they hit the grill.

Gotta show some love for the vegetarians!
    I love my veggies, but not quite a vegetarian. I did however make a really nice tofu and various veggie kabob once for a party. Friends who swore up and down that they would never like tofu, ate it all up. Once I find that recipe again I will have to post it. It's somewhere in the mix of all of em.

As for my quick entry I was working on making some Peach-Bourbon BBQ Chicken at home today. Made the sauce this morning before work and just have it sitting in the fridge to kinda mingle. Had some old peaches I need to get rid of. Just a little too ripe for eating, but perfect for sauces. Will post a picture when I make it. Might just end up making stir-fry or something tonight. Have a bunch of cooked rice I need to get rid of.

It's been awhile since I have done a good BBQ, but I would always start everything early am & hopefully be ready to eat by evening sometime. Always remember low & slow works every time Also a good BBQ can't be stared with out a little JD to get you motivated!

Playing:  - GW2 -
    Aliases:  Altha, Althea

click to view
    I'm always tinkering with a Fajita/Flank/Skirt steak marinade -

The idea here is to use zest instead of lime juice. Stronger flavor, no/less acid to toughen meat. It's also pretty easy to get these ingredients just about anywhere in the U.S.

2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce ( San Marcos has started making a little 3.5oz can, perfect for gringos )
    ( I also sub/mix other fresh peppers in here, lately Hatch; you might add a teaspoon of oil or water to makeup the difference in liquids, if you like; but the smoky chipotle is great )
    Zest from one lime (about 2 teaspoons full)
    1/4 red onion, chopped ( sometimes white or yellow onions depending on what is available, have used shallots with milder peppers subbed in above )
    3 cloves garlic, diced
    1 teaspoon cumin
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    ( sometimes I'll put a dry spice rub on, especially if it is skirt steak, letting it set for 30-60 minutes; I usually reduce or eliminate the amount of salt, then, otherwise it will be too salty and overpower everything else )
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

Purée all ingredients with blender or food processor. Add your cut of meat, let marinade for at least 1-2 hours and preferably 6 hours refrigerated. Can certainly go overnight til next evening, ~18 hours.
    Wipe most of purée sludge off. Grill while drinking your favorite adult beverage(s). You're supposed to let it rest 5-10 minutes. Serve. "Voila, mon Toots!"

Was just reflecting that we need to move out of town so that I can build a goat pit without pissing off the neighbors. And wife, for that matter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123