click to view
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Viewing the 'Everclear - the legal moonshine.' thread.

Blogs
    Playing:  Rift
    Aliases:  Gankyu

Everclear - the legal moonshine.

click to view
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	everclear.jpg 
Views:	45614 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	2234Anyone who has ever attempted (I do mean attempted, it's been likened to rubbing alcohol, and agree it's a fair comparison) a shot of this is daring beyond words. Going back for a second shot, legally insane.

Finding something to mix it with is key. Goes well with grape as it tends to mask the taste.
    Jungle juice (high school and college party flashbacks, oh man).

Some of the most ridiculous and fun, memorable times I've had in the past were somehow linked with me and friends getting our hands on a bottle of this craziness.

Anyone else familiar with this "devil's elixir"?

I have done a shot of that before and it is awful tasting lol but now jungle juice goes down smooth, too smooth in fact.

Wildstar Co-Lead

Playing:  -{[WILDSTAR]}-
    My fiance and I tried going through some video game related drinks. One of which required everclear. After reading the label, we were honestly afraid to even try it.

The Lonely Archon

Playing:  Wildstar, Rift, TSW
    Aliases:  Saleny, Rayvynn, Maeghera, Tygerlily
    Ah yes, the ol' college jungle juice. I had a friend make a fantastic punch with that stuff, that actually tasted pretty good, just don't eat the fruit he'd soaked in the Everclear overnight...OMG!

Yeah that stuff is so potent if you drink it straight (several shot) it will dehydrate your lips so much they tend to crack and bleed lol and yes I've seen it happen.

Apocalyptic Warrior Monk

Playing:  WoW, ESO
    Aliases:  Magnus, Christof, Kildur, Coorhagen
    Quote Originally Posted by Brakkish View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	everclear.jpg 
Views:	45614 
Size:	17.0 KB 
ID:	2234Anyone who has ever attempted (I do mean attempted, it's been likened to rubbing alcohol, and agree it's a fair comparison) a shot of this is daring beyond words. Going back for a second shot, legally insane.

Anyone else familiar with this "devil's elixir"?
    I have in fact danced with the devil, most literally. I did 3 shots of this at a party and my stomach wrenched with so much pain after that i had a hard time drinking anything with alcohol for about 3 months after that. Pretty sure it tore a small hole in my stomach which was relived for the next 3 months of drinkin. I wouldn't recommend ever drinking this bad boy straight.

I also purchased a bottle of "the green fairy" from overseas (to get the real deal), anyone else tried Absinthe?

Now Absinthe is something I have not tried yet!

Playing:  - GW2 -
    Aliases:  Altha, Althea
    I have a memory of a classmate passing out on someone's lawn from drinking Everclear straight. Wasn't in school on Monday.
    And Watermelon punch - split-halved watermelons filled with everclear. I stayed far away from it.

Have tried Absinthe in Copenhagen and in London. Love botanicals, anise. The spoons are great, some are works of art. Haven't tried any of the Absinthe available now in the U.S.
    Last edited by Altha; 06-25-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Wildstar Co-Lead

Playing:  -{[WILDSTAR]}-
    I haven't had absinthe either, myself. Honestly, when people try and describe a taste to you and it's something you don't like, it makes me steer clear. I didn't try jaeger for a long time because some described it to me as cough syrup or licorice. So when I finally did try it, I hated myself. And with absinthe, isn't anise the same stuff that goes into licorice? Pretty sure that's why I never tried it either.

I'll stick to my rum and colas, margaritas, and long islands, thanks. :P

Playing:  - GW2 -
    Aliases:  Altha, Althea

click to view
    Heh, that can be very true, Pudge. Campari is another one. My dad describes it as a cinnamon liquor that tastes like cough syrup and then wonders why no one will try it. I do like it, occasionally - one of the few 'sweet' adult beverages I like.

Forgot that I tried Everclear - once. I think it was offered by the aforementioned merry football player on the front lawn, shortly before his freefall. Once was enough.
    Last edited by Altha; 06-25-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast