click to view
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Viewing the 'Go O's' thread.

Playing:  TSW, LOTRO
    Aliases:  Law, Blitzheipr, Tungsten, Sir Zane

Go O's

click to view
    Here's to hoping the Orioles finish above .500 this year! And who knows maybe even have a shot at post season.
    Guybrush Threepwood: [singing] For those long cold shipboard nights/ We've got boxers, briefs and tights!/ Made from cotton, silk or satin/ Styles Anglo, Dutch or Latin!/ When you sail don't take a chance/ Wearing nothin' 'neath your pants./ Trust... Silver's Long Johns...[spoken]...They breathe!

Dragon in Space

Blogs
    Good luck, man, I shall give the same hope for the Brewers, lol. A Brewers world series win in my lifetime, let alone any lifetime, would be amazing ... (Milwaukee did win in 1957, when they were the Braves, lol)

Away

As a Royals fan, I'm not even sure what hope is when it comes to my hometown baseball team. They have won it in my lifetime...but I was only 1, so I don't think that counts. :P

I have to take pleasure in watching the other teams I like. And basketball season--that's usually much more satisfying as far as victories go.

-On Hiatus-

Well, Going to the Game tonight. Camden Yards is a great stadium and it is a beautiful day for sitting out and drinking beers.
    Guybrush Threepwood: [singing] For those long cold shipboard nights/ We've got boxers, briefs and tights!/ Made from cotton, silk or satin/ Styles Anglo, Dutch or Latin!/ When you sail don't take a chance/ Wearing nothin' 'neath your pants./ Trust... Silver's Long Johns...[spoken]...They breathe!

Finely-Crafted Awesome

Playing:  SWTOR, Civilization
    Aliases:  Panor, Rogark, suffixed Cyards
    Fun fact: Cyard is short for Camden Yards. It comes from when I made a City of Heroes Scrapper based on Cal Ripken (that is to say, he had Regeneration as a secondary powerset - his primary was Katana, as that was the closest thing to a baseball bat they had at the time.) Didn't want to come off as too fanboyish, though, so I named him Cyard, and the name has stuck over all my subsequent MMOs in one way or another. And they always wear orange whenever I have a choice in the matter. My Jedi Cyard has an orange lightsaber whenever I can get the highest allowable level crystal in that color.

I gave up on the Orioles after last year, and now they're still in the running in early August and just won two out of three against the Yankees. I should give up on them more often!
    On Shadowlands (Panorus Legacy):
    Panor
    , Level 55 Mercenary (DPS); Rogark, Level 55 Sith Juggernaught (Tank); Cyardespion, Level 55 Agent (Heals); Cyardteslum, Level 50 Assassin (DPS); Cyardvenator, Level 14 Powertech (DPS, probably)
    Cyard, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel; Cyardpraesidium, Level 32 Guardian (Tank); Cyardmilitis, Level 27 Vanguard (DPS); Cyardnemus, Level 20 Jedi Shadow; Cyardocelotus, Level 17 Scoundrel (DPS); Cyardmedicor, Level 16 Sage (Heals); Cyardpraetor, Level 15 Commando (Heals) and designated Galactic Starfighter

And various alts on Jedi Covenant that may or may not come out of mothballs ever (Panor Legacy)

In Hammerfist Fantasy Football League:
    Tython Manka Cats - 2012 League Champions...I'm just as surprised as you are.

In Hammerfist Fantasy Baseball League:
    Alderaan Thrantas - 2014 League Champions

"Losing is just like winning, only the other way around" - I don't remember who said that

Great to see another Marylander here. And yeah us O's fans have had it rough over the last decade so its nice to see them still in the running (even though I'd love too seen them make some serious moves before the trade deadline) this late in the year.

Playing:  GW2, HOMM4
    *koff* Go Rays! *koff*

Finely-Crafted Awesome

Playing:  SWTOR, Civilization
    Aliases:  Panor, Rogark, suffixed Cyards
    Here's something I didn't think I'd be saying anytime soon: The Orioles are in first place in September. Okay, technically they're tied for first, but it's still better than being 30 games back, which is what they were on September 4 last year.
    On Shadowlands (Panorus Legacy):
    Panor
    , Level 55 Mercenary (DPS); Rogark, Level 55 Sith Juggernaught (Tank); Cyardespion, Level 55 Agent (Heals); Cyardteslum, Level 50 Assassin (DPS); Cyardvenator, Level 14 Powertech (DPS, probably)
    Cyard, Level 55 Jedi Sentinel; Cyardpraesidium, Level 32 Guardian (Tank); Cyardmilitis, Level 27 Vanguard (DPS); Cyardnemus, Level 20 Jedi Shadow; Cyardocelotus, Level 17 Scoundrel (DPS); Cyardmedicor, Level 16 Sage (Heals); Cyardpraetor, Level 15 Commando (Heals) and designated Galactic Starfighter

And various alts on Jedi Covenant that may or may not come out of mothballs ever (Panor Legacy)

In Hammerfist Fantasy Football League:
    Tython Manka Cats - 2012 League Champions...I'm just as surprised as you are.

In Hammerfist Fantasy Baseball League:
    Alderaan Thrantas - 2014 League Champions

"Losing is just like winning, only the other way around" - I don't remember who said that

I was going to post last night, but I did not want to poke karma. Go O's. And here is the O's '67 alternate logo... known as Angry Orioles..

2rgavrd1qgkfw74ji5se5c1yk.gif

edit. btw for anyone in the area. Next week series with Tampa Bay has several lower box sections on the third base line on sale for 10.00 as part of Camden Yards 20 years celebration. I'm taking off next Thu. to be there for the day game.

Playing:  GW2, HOMM4

click to view
    Wow, that would be awesome to see the Rays in Camden Yards, but I don't think I could swing it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast