click to view
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Viewing the 'Neverwinter Timeline' thread.

Neverwinter Timeline

click to view
    Ive read the Forgotten Realm Wiki, but never read any of the books. I played NWN2 but never followed the plot, just hack and slash.

But I really would like to find more info on the world around Neverwinter, something that includes a timeline for Neverwinter relative to where the online game goes.

Anyone seen a good read? I would be willing to go as far as picking up a book or two, if there are specific ones that are 'must read'.

Thanks

Cry Havoc!

Blogs
    Playing:  GW2
    Aliases:  Zerseer; Talon Hammerpaw; Shard
    Well if you want to really get to know the history of the Realms I would suggest reading R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf books from the beginning. Good books and they take you from the classic 3rd edition Forgotten Realms to the current 4th edition (about 200 years in setting). They touch on pretty much all the major events (including the spell plague). Also the main character is one of the most recognised modern fantasy protaganists (it'll help you understand why people would spend 200 bucks just to get early access to a drow in game).
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfbd6uDu-mSC41jluQaSVivAGnTq09iotc4ja9isCKGEXGPTax

SWTOR: Reorth, Shotglaz and Zerseer
    GW2: Talon Hammerpaw
    Neverwinter: Shotglaz and Shard

Ive been suprised I have not seen any Drizzt, Drizzzzt, Dryzzzzt dual wielding thieves, and considering all the fantasy reading I have dont, those are ones I have never gotten into, may have to check that out.

Thanks for the links Bean. When do those take place relative to NWO?

Mayor of Chachville

I saw a Breunor Battlehammer.. Dwarven guardian..

Ad Astra

Playing:  Neverwinter
    Aliases:  cipher_nemo
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Chaos View Post
    Ive been suprised I have not seen any Drizzt, Drizzzzt, Dryzzzzt dual wielding thieves
    My main for D&D games such as Neverwinter Nights, DDO, etc. is usually a female Drow with green hair, dual-wield short or long sword, Rogue/Ranger (3rd ed). All of the dual wield abilities from ranger plus thieving skills is usually my goal.

So it's a shame I can't really make this in NVO right now. I can't get dual-class, can't get drow, but at least I can dual-wield with green hair, lol.

But the sad part is, I went down this path before I even knew about Drizzt (I was never into the novels for D&D). So now everyone and their brother wants a dual-wield thief/rogue like Drizzt. Makes my main less appealing.

Map of FR that I found, and other might enjoy (its huge and detailed)
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/wd...rLarge_150.jpg

Aliases:  Ozdaix
    I'm totally getting this book set, Dark and I were talking about them the other night. Thanks for the links!

Playing:  FFXIV ARR
    Aliases:  Tresi, Mordcour, Holis
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof Chaos View Post
    Ive been suprised I have not seen any Drizzt, Drizzzzt, Dryzzzzt dual wielding thieves, and considering all the fantasy reading I have dont, those are ones I have never gotten into, may have to check that out.

Thanks for the links Bean. When do those take place relative to NWO?
    I ran a group with Artemis Entrari.

I found this on the web. List of novels in chronological order - The Forgotten Realms Wiki - Books, races, classes, and more
    I've read all the Legacy of Drizz't, and am currently on Clerical Quintet. I've also read many others out of timeline, but there's a ton of books and it will be hard to really follow the chronological path. Many authors contribute to Forgotten Reals, its kinda like Star Wars in this respect.

Aliases:  Ozdaix

click to view
    Found this on amazon as well, there's a 4th book?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast