click to view
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes
Viewing the 'Fishing' thread.

Blogs
    Playing:  FFXIV A Ream Reborn

click to view
    Cool!

So for skyfishing and dunefishing you cast your line off a cliff and into quicksand? That's so cool! I can't wait.

I read about mooching and that sounds freaking sweet too! I'm glad you told me about the options when you get them. I think that more than makes up for no secondary fishing. In addition to the treasure map thing... wow. Fishing, imho is going to be the best gathering class of them all.

Banned

I don't think I can recall the last time I've genuinely been THIS excited. It definitely does get more interesting the higher up in level you get, however everyone must remember that fishing itself was rebuilt to be a fun class to play, not a die-hard gathering profession focused solely around profit such as mining/botany.

Half the excitement of fishing comes from not knowing what you'll catch next. It's definitely good to go without some system telling you where to fish for what, we had that in v1.0 and it was a garbage system. People would abuse it and farm for hours to get 10k of the same fish for seal turn-ins. I myself have well over 40k fish between my retainers. Poor gals, dealin' with the stench of year ol' fish.

Playing:  Injustice (PS3)
    After reading what Krono had to say, Fishing has just moved up to either my first or second non combat class I will level

Fancypants

Playing:  RIFT TSW LOTRO
    Aliases:  Pyro, Pyroh, Pyroluna
    During one of the maintenance thingies, I got to try out fishing on my legacy character and was very pleased with it and will probably be concentrating on it as much as I can. I don't like that its not used as much as it was in 1.0 for crafting cause that was a big money maker. Mooching was an interesting addition and adds a little excitement to it. Hopefully I can mooch up some fluff.

I did check out the market boards for fish on the Masamune server and saw that people were selling rare higher level fish for good amounts of money. I think maybe selling lures would turn a profit, cause that's what I looked for first.

There is a post from a forum from my old 1.0 linkshell Disciples of The Land that has lots of comments and info on the new fishing...here:
    Fishing in ARR - Fishing - Disciples of the Land: Final Fantasy XIV - Disciples of the land - Fishing, Mining, logging in Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV)

Very handy website, and very promising for maps/nodes/locations/resources etc. The owner, Kida, had one of these pages for FFXI and for 1.0 and did an awesome job. He even had a fishing logger that individuals could run and it would track everything and upload it to a database etc. So keep an eye out, I think he just added a map Gathering Maps for Final Fantasy XIV - FFXIV which will probably later be populated with all kinds of gathering info like where to catch certain fish.

Oh also, for shits and giggles, I made a linkshell called "The Fishermen" you know if you ever want to talk fishy talk ;)
    The Queen of all things boring and useless.

Fancypants

Playing:  RIFT TSW LOTRO
    Aliases:  Pyro, Pyroh, Pyroluna
    The Queen of all things boring and useless.

Playing:  GW2 FFXIV-ARR
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyro View Post
    I don't like that its not used as much as it was in 1.0 for crafting cause that was a big money maker. Mooching was an interesting addition and adds a little excitement to it.
    I'm planning on fishing, but more since I like it to relax and it fits well with cooking & alch being the first two crafts I want to level.

BUT, as a money maker I see it as dead in the water for another reason. The first thing I thought with the old mini-game removed was "OH now this is going to be too easily botted". So I expect the market to be flooded by bot fishers at release. Hopefully that will decrease as they get into busting bots, but I suspect the initial effect on the fish market to be there and quite strong.
    GW2: Ayawasgi - Ranger, Hechicera Verde - Mesmer, Hechicera Muerte - Necro, Patent Troll - Thief, Cinnamon Sticks - Ele, Tledatsi - Engineer, Polgi - Guard, Gray Macha - Warrior

Handle is in Spanish, say it: H.E.Sarah .. it means enchantress more or less

Blogs
    Playing:  FFXIV A Ream Reborn
    Quote Originally Posted by Hechicera View Post
    I'm planning on fishing, but more since I like it to relax and it fits well with cooking & alch being the first two crafts I want to level.

BUT, as a money maker I see it as dead in the water for another reason. The first thing I thought with the old mini-game removed was "OH now this is going to be too easily botted". So I expect the market to be flooded by bot fishers at release. Hopefully that will decrease as they get into busting bots, but I suspect the initial effect on the fish market to be there and quite strong.
    The only botting deterrent I noticed was if you afk long enough you get a status message saying you can't fish in this location. But I only got the message after fishing in one location and then going afk with my rod in hand... not much of a deterrent really.

Playing:  GW2 FFXIV-ARR

click to view
    Hmm. Well this is one way to combat bots:

Fishing confirmed mostly useless..

A DoL that is mostly a gold sink. Though, fishing for one of the known profitable fish may not be ...
    (I'm still fishing!)
    GW2: Ayawasgi - Ranger, Hechicera Verde - Mesmer, Hechicera Muerte - Necro, Patent Troll - Thief, Cinnamon Sticks - Ele, Tledatsi - Engineer, Polgi - Guard, Gray Macha - Warrior

Handle is in Spanish, say it: H.E.Sarah .. it means enchantress more or less

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12