click to view
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Viewing the 'Earthrise' thread.

Earthrise

click to view
    Anybody been waiting for this?

I'm waiting, might try it when it gets released.

Release Date has been pushed back to Autumn (at least) unfortunately so no game to while away your summer with :/

I try almost all MMo's out so I plan to.

Looks good. The futuristic aspect reminds me of Huxley which has been in development for at least 5 years. No end in sight yet, but still looks promising. But yeah, i'll probably not play this as FF XIV will be right around the corner then.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus_Laertes View Post
    Looks good. The futuristic aspect reminds me of Huxley which has been in development for at least 5 years. No end in sight yet, but still looks promising. But yeah, i'll probably not play this as FF XIV will be right around the corner then.
    yeah this was the problem i foresaw, especially if it will be pay2play.. if there will be a trial i woudl still give it a go, for giving it a go's sake

My attention will more than likely be on FFXIV and not much else (unless some news about Diablo 3's release has been publicised by then) so we'll just have to see. It does look like it could be good though

Fleet Admiral

Playing:  STO, Diablo 3, TSW
    Aliases:  Nova, Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelian View Post
    yeah this was the problem i foresaw, especially if it will be pay2play.. if there will be a trial i woudl still give it a go, for giving it a go's sake

My attention will more than likely be on FFXIV and not much else (unless some news about Diablo 3's release has been publicised by then) so we'll just have to see. It does look like it could be good though
    If there is a trial I would definitely give this a shot. I am always on the lookout for new games.

Diablo 3 is a definite for me though. I was a die hard diablo and diablo 2 player and I cannot wait for number 3
    Admiral Midnight of The Hammerfist Fleet.
    Star Trek Online Team Leader, Fleet Commanding Officer

It's funny, I wish FFXIV would have a necromancer class based exclusively on Diablo 2. I loved being a necromancer, ahhhh fond memories. Hundreds of hours well spent!

Burrito Supreme

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus_Laertes View Post
    It's funny, I wish FFXIV would have a necromancer class based exclusively on Diablo 2. I loved being a necromancer, ahhhh fond memories. Hundreds of hours well spent!
    AoC's necro reminds me of D2 necros with all the pets hehe

Fleet Admiral

Playing:  STO, Diablo 3, TSW
    Aliases:  Nova, Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpire View Post
    AoC's necro reminds me of D2 necros with all the pets hehe
    Haha, I did the zookeeper necro at one point. Hordes of skels, mages, and revives. good times.
    Admiral Midnight of The Hammerfist Fleet.
    Star Trek Online Team Leader, Fleet Commanding Officer

Yippie Ki Yay!

I've been following Earthrise for a bit now, it looks interesting, I would like a nice Sci-fi pvp game, but my main interest is in FFXIV for now. Earthrise will be different than Huxley though. Huxley I can't justify as an mmo. It is pretty much just an FPS, at least that is the feeling I got in the beta. Earthrise will be more comparable to Tabula Rasa (not to say it is exactly the same)

Huxley was a lobby game. You had a "lobby" area where everyone could gather on their characters, from there you would queue up for your pvp matches, which only took a certain amount of players. They had a few pve matches as well, but they were rather boring.

Earthrise is in an open explorable world, with questing, pve and open pvp, you just also happen to have a gun and be in over the shoulder view. I will probably give it a try, but like I said, I am mainly looking toward in FFXIV right now. I am not really interested in any major pvp games, I love pvp, but I've had too much of it more recently and need a break from it all, lol.

click to view
    I wouldn't play it for PvP, I don't like it myself. It's still got tons of PvE content, I think banding together to shoot down a giant mutant spider thing is ace.

That's why I love Borderlands :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast