click to view
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Viewing the 'LoL (League of Legends) wants You' thread.

MHz

Playing:  Guild Wars2, LoL
    Aliases:  MuscleMemoryMindtrick

LoL (League of Legends) wants You

click to view
    LoL is a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena), Free to download and play.

At its core metagame, LoL is a 5v5 pvp map with 2 bases at either end this is called Summoner's Rift. The objective is to destroy the other teams base. Obtaining Player kills, specialty creep kills (more on this later), general farm (automated soldiers) and Turret destruction and barracks destruction are all miniquests to the overall larger quest of destroying the base.

There are many characters to choose from and a standard team composition is:
    1 Tanky champion
    1 Support champion
    1 Carry champion also known as a right clicker (high DPS)
    1 Off Tank/Initiator
    1 Jungler

summonersriftpaths21.jpg

There are 2 other metagames right now:
    Twisted Treeline - A 3v3 map which will change the team composition drastically, but the over goal/quest is the same on a smaller map. Destroy enemy base, destroy turrets, barracks, kill specialty creeps and enemy players.

twisted_treeline_lanes.png

Dominion - A 5v5 map which operates in a king of the hill fashion. High emphasis on player kills to take control of the 5 hills surrounding the map. The health of the enemy's base and your own tick down based upon how many areas are controlled, if you can 5 cap them (gain control of all 5 hills) then your base's health remains steady.

league-legends-2011-09-24-12-55-12-98.png

I'd like to play with some guildies on Dominion as those are typically the fastsest matches (takes about 20 minutes or less) and that way you can play the most champions and figure out who you like/are good with. The main thing that helps when learning how to play is trying out all sorts of different champions. That way you know what they all do so when you're matched up against one, you know what to expect.

What I'm looking for is some of you that either already play or are interested in playing. The learning curve can be steep and its a game where you will be called a noob by lets face it, trolly people, but once you get your sea legs so to speak, its very fun.

edit* oh yea there are pirates and ninjas and knights and final fantasy references, star wars references, lotr references... the list goes on!

Wildstar Co-Lead

Wildstar Team Leader
    Wildstar Officer
    Wildstar Team

Playing:  -{[WILDSTAR]}-
    I am "TehGiz" on LoL. Feel free to add me. I've been playing for about 2 years now, mostly play Leona, LeBlanc, Soraka, Malzahar(mostly AP champs), and dabble with other champions a lot. Trying to balance multiple games, I get on a few nights a week, so if you see me on, send me a message.
    Video games don't affect you negatively; withdrawal does.

Battle.net ID: TehGiz#1245
    ESO ID: @TehGiz
    Origin ID: TehGiz

Playing:  Rift, GW2, DCUO
    I have been thinking about getting into LoL, but I heard that the community isn't all that welcoming to noobs and it's stopped me from trying the game out.

Wildstar Co-Lead

Wildstar Team Leader
    Wildstar Officer
    Wildstar Team

Playing:  -{[WILDSTAR]}-
    Not going to lie: this is very true. I'm not one to ignore/blacklist/mute anyone in game. I just don't let it bother me. In LoL though, I mute entire enemy teams. It's way more enjoyable. Also find friends to play with.
    Video games don't affect you negatively; withdrawal does.

Battle.net ID: TehGiz#1245
    ESO ID: @TehGiz
    Origin ID: TehGiz

Playing:  ESO, Archeage
    Aliases:  Scojo, Scojos, Scojoz, Scojo___
    Ya, some of our members think that PvPers are bad, but their heads would explode if they every played LoL. Talk about a horrible community. I only say community because I don't know what the hell to call it haha.

Browncoat

Playing:  AC & TSW
    It's not to bad if you play with friends but the average player is really toxic on that game. Some nights you go with no problems but other every match has an asshat in it.

Personally I like Dominion the best. It is more about map control and killing players and similar to what I am used to in battlegrounds. I don't care for Summoner's Rift mostly because I suck at laning and last hitting. It can also turn into 40 minutes of crap easily.

I aim to misbehave. - Malcolm Reynolds

MHz

Dominion is definitely the way to go for beginners, its fast and that way you see more champions and learn. Like you said about summoners rift, it can take for-ever sometimes, but also sometimes those are the most rewarding games because you fought so hard.

Aliases:  Oenira, Aijira, Eyanna, Arias
    Quote Originally Posted by Scojo View Post
    Ya, some of our members think that PvPers are bad, but their heads would explode if they every played LoL. Talk about a horrible community. I only say community because I don't know what the hell to call it haha.
    Cesspool comes to mind, and yes I have been there. Forgir, Aeyanna and Aijira are my usernames I play with. I like Nidalee and Ashe but have played Karma and Zilean and a few others but not too recently. I prefer playing against Bots.
    Last edited by Mistreaver; 08-08-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: grammar annoyed me
    Treneya, Aijira, Aeyanna, Oenira, Eyanna.... and more.

Zombies H8 Fast Food

Playing:  GW2
    Oh How I miss LoL....but not really well maybe a little....I played since launch and was pretty hardcore for 2 years....It is super fun, but not newcomer friendly that is for sure...so much rage in that game...I think that is one reason I quit!

MHz

click to view
    Come back and play it, so many new champs and I'm having a blast with dominion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast