Hello Jody. You mentioned you played WoW before. What made you quit that game? I am Mr. Mom also. Do your recruits play games? If so which ones do they play and do you play along with them?
Yes, approve this application.
No, deny this application.
I'm still undecided based on the applicant's feedback thus far.
Please tell us your gaming name.
Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
- Secret World
Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
Please tell us your age.
Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
What region of the country/world do you live in?
- Canadian West Coast, eh!
Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
How did you hear about us?
- Gaming Forum
Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
- The Secret World official forums - Cabals
We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
- Usually full of awesome-ness, dry canadian wit, self laughing (is that like Jokesterbating??), good natured teasing of guildies that fall off cliffs (IN GAME). My personality is somewhere between Self Loathing and Narcissistic - as in. I'm normal.
What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
- Because some have Hammers. Others have Fists. You guys have BOTH. Pure win! Aaaand because you sound like a good fit. I liked the conversations on the forums, they seemed mature and friendly - Two good Guild/Cabal traits right there.
What games have you played if any:
- Starting from what year? 1980's - Quest for Glory & Leisure Suit Larry. 2012? - Guild Wars 2 & The Secret World. WoW was in there somewhere, as was Guild Wars 1. There's more in there but this would be a huge list. Sprinkle in some FPS action and that about rounds it out. Also, Smurfs. On Coleco. Sue me, it was fun.
How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
- 4. Often - Headset, log-on, hello everyone.
Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
- Casual 30 something gamer now, as I'm Mr. Mom 50% of the time to 2 little new recruits. That's a hobby all unto itself. No time for game drama either, I have enough in RL at times. I work in the forestry sector - not the killing trees part, the saving-the-planet-by-growing-more-trees part. Nothing against the loggers though, they keep me employed, aaaand our bums wiped. I like being outside, working in the garden. I am attempting to grow a giant pumpkin for the 3rd time this year. We'll see if I can get it bigger than 150 lbs this time. Lately spending most of my time painting the house - not because it's at all fun, but its a stipulation of the GF moving in, and damned if I don't have a soft spot for her. I gave up on arguing about colours (<- yes that's the correct spelling).
Enter the extra-credit phrase:
- Oh god, something witty and funny at 12:15am on a Tuesday?
A majority of our info, updates and policies are relayed through this forum. How likely are you to stay up to date and current after the application process?
- I enjoy the social aspect of the forum, expect to see me fairly regularly.
And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
- So I couldn't think of anything this late at night so I googled "Things that make you go Hmmm". Thanks for that Hammerfist - now 1991 music will not get out of my head and let me sleep. It's "gonna make you (me) sweat". Oh jesus, I'm going now...
Last edited by Averna; 08-02-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Any significance / history to your gaming nick "Deathtickles". I almost typed Darth Tickles by mistake. come to think of it, that's not bad either.
Guybrush Threepwood: [singing] For those long cold shipboard nights/ We've got boxers, briefs and tights!/ Made from cotton, silk or satin/ Styles Anglo, Dutch or Latin!/ When you sail don't take a chance/ Wearing nothin' 'neath your pants./ Trust... Silver's Long Johns...[spoken]...They breathe!
Darth Tickles? <snortle> Is that anything like Darth BoBo? : )
Hi Jody - great looking app. Sadly I've been blessed by a black thumb - nothing I touch seems to grow. Except weeds. What would you say to a person with my horticultural talents?
What do you like to do in MMOs - raid? quest? achievements? pet collector?
I played WoW since mid 2007. It was on and off through that time up until Cataclysm. I was an altaholic with 6 level 85's. Not here to WoW-bash but it just couldn't hold my interest any more. Most of the people I played with had retired and moved on and I just couldn't get back into it. I also found that I could not make time to actually raid so I felt I was missing a lot of content that I would likely never see. It also really bothered me that the gear and items I worked so hard for are instantly useless the minute new content is released. Its just seemed like a groundhog day grind.
@ Tehmay - I find that its hard to commit to hours of uninterrupted raiding so that sort of contributed to me leaving WoW and raiding behind. I do really like just bombing around the world with some guildies getting into whatever we get into. I love exploring, back in the day it was wall jumping, getting under Ironforge, etc. Bah! Flying mounts ruined all the fun haha. I am totally stoked to started trekking across Tyria again and discovering what there is to discover. Addicted to the jumping puzzles in GW2.
I've never gotten too deep into achievements unless there was a mount prize involved. I would not rule out farming for a rare drop or rare pet though :)
I do PvP as much as I can and hope to continue this into GW2 sPvP. I haven't tried TSW's PvP yet though.
I haven't really mentioned The Secret World much here, well, cause its a secret. But I'm loving that too. The investigations and voice acting blew me away. It would be a lot more fun to play with other humanoids or at least have some vent and cabal chatter. The quiet is giving me the creeps at 11pm. Hammer/Chaos tank is my main but I'm only just into Savage Coast and haven't unlocked many abilities yet. I normally gravitate towards tanking but have been known to heal my share of encounters (this is referring back to WoW days, Disc priest).
Last edited by Altha; 07-31-2012 at 03:40 PM.