click to view

View Poll Results: Approve or Decline Jody Branter's application.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, approve this application.

10 90.91%
  • No, deny this application.

0 0%
  • I'm still undecided based on the applicant's feedback thus far.

1 9.09%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Viewing the 'Deathtickles Join! - Secret World 07-31-2012 - [Accepted]' thread.

Deathtickles Join! - Secret World 07-31-2012 - [Accepted]

click to view
    Today's Date
    • 07-31-2012

Please tell us your gaming name.
    • Deathtickles

Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
    • Secret World

Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
    • No

Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
    • Yes

Please tell us your age.
    • 31-40

Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    • No

What region of the country/world do you live in?
    • Canadian West Coast, eh!

Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
    • None

How did you hear about us?
    • Gaming Forum

Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
    • The Secret World official forums - Cabals

We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    • Usually full of awesome-ness, dry canadian wit, self laughing (is that like Jokesterbating??), good natured teasing of guildies that fall off cliffs (IN GAME). My personality is somewhere between Self Loathing and Narcissistic - as in. I'm normal.

What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
    • Because some have Hammers. Others have Fists. You guys have BOTH. Pure win! Aaaand because you sound like a good fit. I liked the conversations on the forums, they seemed mature and friendly - Two good Guild/Cabal traits right there.

What games have you played if any:
    • Starting from what year? 1980's - Quest for Glory & Leisure Suit Larry. 2012? - Guild Wars 2 & The Secret World. WoW was in there somewhere, as was Guild Wars 1. There's more in there but this would be a huge list. Sprinkle in some FPS action and that about rounds it out. Also, Smurfs. On Coleco. Sue me, it was fun.

How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
    • 4. Often - Headset, log-on, hello everyone.

Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
    • Casual 30 something gamer now, as I'm Mr. Mom 50% of the time to 2 little new recruits. That's a hobby all unto itself. No time for game drama either, I have enough in RL at times. I work in the forestry sector - not the killing trees part, the saving-the-planet-by-growing-more-trees part. Nothing against the loggers though, they keep me employed, aaaand our bums wiped. I like being outside, working in the garden. I am attempting to grow a giant pumpkin for the 3rd time this year. We'll see if I can get it bigger than 150 lbs this time. Lately spending most of my time painting the house - not because it's at all fun, but its a stipulation of the GF moving in, and damned if I don't have a soft spot for her. I gave up on arguing about colours (<- yes that's the correct spelling).

Enter the extra-credit phrase:
    • Oh god, something witty and funny at 12:15am on a Tuesday?

A majority of our info, updates and policies are relayed through this forum. How likely are you to stay up to date and current after the application process?
    • I enjoy the social aspect of the forum, expect to see me fairly regularly.

And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
    • So I couldn't think of anything this late at night so I googled "Things that make you go Hmmm". Thanks for that Hammerfist - now 1991 music will not get out of my head and let me sleep. It's "gonna make you (me) sweat". Oh jesus, I'm going now...

Last edited by Averna; 08-02-2012 at 07:44 AM.

Playing:  WoW, Lotro
    Hello Jody. You mentioned you played WoW before. What made you quit that game? I am Mr. Mom also. Do your recruits play games? If so which ones do they play and do you play along with them?

WoW Team Leader
    Characters: Ganji | Aleah | Shorte | Twinker

Playing:  TSW, LOTRO
    Aliases:  Law, Blitzheipr, Tungsten, Sir Zane
    Greetings Jody.

Any significance / history to your gaming nick "Deathtickles". I almost typed Darth Tickles by mistake. come to think of it, that's not bad either.
    Guybrush Threepwood: [singing] For those long cold shipboard nights/ We've got boxers, briefs and tights!/ Made from cotton, silk or satin/ Styles Anglo, Dutch or Latin!/ When you sail don't take a chance/ Wearing nothin' 'neath your pants./ Trust... Silver's Long Johns...[spoken]...They breathe!

Clan Consigliare

Blogs
    Playing:  Rift, Defiance
    Aliases:  Tehmay, Tehmper
    Darth Tickles? <snortle> Is that anything like Darth BoBo? : )

Hi Jody - great looking app. Sadly I've been blessed by a black thumb - nothing I touch seems to grow. Except weeds. What would you say to a person with my horticultural talents?

What do you like to do in MMOs - raid? quest? achievements? pet collector?

I played WoW since mid 2007. It was on and off through that time up until Cataclysm. I was an altaholic with 6 level 85's. Not here to WoW-bash but it just couldn't hold my interest any more. Most of the people I played with had retired and moved on and I just couldn't get back into it. I also found that I could not make time to actually raid so I felt I was missing a lot of content that I would likely never see. It also really bothered me that the gear and items I worked so hard for are instantly useless the minute new content is released. Its just seemed like a groundhog day grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatar View Post
    Any significance / history to your gaming nick "Deathtickles".
    Two places actually. One was that I blatantly stole it from an undead guy that used to run around Org naked and /tickle people. And then two, I was playing Enemy Territory (loved that game) and saw someone with the name "Deathticles" which made me laugh out loud in the most immature way lol.

@ Tehmay - I find that its hard to commit to hours of uninterrupted raiding so that sort of contributed to me leaving WoW and raiding behind. I do really like just bombing around the world with some guildies getting into whatever we get into. I love exploring, back in the day it was wall jumping, getting under Ironforge, etc. Bah! Flying mounts ruined all the fun haha. I am totally stoked to started trekking across Tyria again and discovering what there is to discover. Addicted to the jumping puzzles in GW2.

I've never gotten too deep into achievements unless there was a mount prize involved. I would not rule out farming for a rare drop or rare pet though :)

I do PvP as much as I can and hope to continue this into GW2 sPvP. I haven't tried TSW's PvP yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehmay View Post
    Sadly I've been blessed by a black thumb - nothing I touch seems to grow. Except weeds. What would you say to a person with my horticultural talents?
    I'd say the term "weeds" is in the eye of the beholder. A weed is just a plant that's growing in the wrong spot - a rose can be a weed if its growing up between the cracks in the side walk. Tell everyone you MEANT for the dandelions to be growing there because they are a pretty yellow flower and BAM!! - instant Horticulturist ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Elissor View Post
    Do your recruits play games? If so which ones do they play and do you play along with them?
    They do to an extent, I try to keep them active with other things though - they are both in ice hockey as am I. The dabbled in WoW with the F2P accounts and really liked the idea of playing in the world right beside dad (I'd have to save their lives COUNTLESS times) but now love what they've seen of Guild Wars 2. I don't have separate accounts for them, we'll see.

I haven't really mentioned The Secret World much here, well, cause its a secret. But I'm loving that too. The investigations and voice acting blew me away. It would be a lot more fun to play with other humanoids or at least have some vent and cabal chatter. The quiet is giving me the creeps at 11pm. Hammer/Chaos tank is my main but I'm only just into Savage Coast and haven't unlocked many abilities yet. I normally gravitate towards tanking but have been known to heal my share of encounters (this is referring back to WoW days, Disc priest).

Playing:  - GW2 -
    Aliases:  Altha, Althea

click to view
    The below, plus the "Jokesterbating" comment are great stuff, nice app, nice detailed, telling answers, no questions or concerns from me for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Branter View Post
    I'd say the term "weeds" is in the eye of the beholder. A weed is just a plant that's growing in the wrong spot - a rose can be a weed if its growing up between the cracks in the side walk. Tell everyone you MEANT for the dandelions to be growing there because they are a pretty yellow flower and BAM!! - instant Horticulturist ;)
    My mother-in-law HATES thistles. I love 'em. Like to reminder her that many in the UK view them as a flower.
    Last edited by Altha; 07-31-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast