click to view

View Poll Results: Should this applicant be a member of the HFC?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Viewing the 'Desolus' application [APPROVED]' thread.

Desolus' application [APPROVED]

click to view
    Application

Today's Date
    Sept.20/10

Please tell us your gaming name.

Desolus or Exsul

Male(rl) will play whatever sex looks the coolest in my mind

Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining?

SWTOR
    Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?

Yes, and yes

Please tell us your age.

Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?

not that I know of

What region of the country/world do you live in?
    frozen wastes of the NWT, Canada

Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
    some french

How did you hear about us?

google search for guilds for SWTOR. This was the longest running guild I could find.Went through hundreds of sites

Is there a name you can associate with the above question?

no

We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?

I love laughing and trying to get people to laugh

What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
    I hate guilds that are around for a couple of months then disband. Obviously you guys/gals have been together a while so it's something I shouldn't have to worry about. That and I hate drama

What games have you played if any:

so many I couldn't even begin to list, but have played only 2 mmo: WOW (3+years), and FFXI

How do you rate your Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
    I tend to listen to vent more then speak, unless there is a good conversation going on, but usually have it on.

Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
    I love my aquariums, reading, and tabletop RP. I work as a personal chef.

Enter the extra-credit phrase:

l,r,l,r,u,d,u,d,b,a,b,a - go contra!!!

And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
    will there be two teams for SWTOR (one republic one sith)?\

Thanks for considering me

Comic No0b

Howdy! For SWTOR, we will be exclusively Sith/Empire aligned.

1. In your own opinion, who shot first... Han, or Greedo?

2. Cake, or pie?

3. What is the most expensive fish in your aquarium right now?

4. One fine day, you pass by a store offering a mystical crystal, a weird plant, and an odd familiar statue. But you decide to keep walking. Down the store's back alley, you spot a zombie using crutches, in a Marine's uniform. He looks at you with sad, puppy dog eyes. What do you do?

5. What class would you most likely make as your first character in SWTOR?

6. If you could have any color crystal in your lightsaber, what would it be? If you'd like to link to a specific color, feel free to do so.

7. What would you say is your strongest asset? What do you bring to the team, as it were?

8. PvE, or PvP? Why?

9. If you had to chose an animal to describe yourself, what would it be, and why?

10. How do you feel an open dispute between members should be handled? What would you do?
    Last edited by sWOLFMANc; 09-20-2010 at 11:04 PM.

Sweet long live the emperor!! or at least live long enough for me to get a crack at ya

1. In your own opinion, who shot first... Han, or Greedo?
    Solo fired in self defense
    2. Cake, or pie?
    Can't I have both, I'm a fat guy....lol
    3. What is the most expensive fish in your aquarium right now?
    Red Tail Shark
    4. One fine day, you pass by a store offering a mystical crystal, a weird plant, and an odd familiar statue. But you decide to keep walking. Down the store's back alley, you spot a zombie using crutches, in a Marine's uniform. He looks at you with sad, puppy dog eyes. What do you do?
    WHAT?!? I missed the chance to pick up a mystical crystal..must have been feeling ill. I would lead the zombie to the store keeper, and while the zombie munched on the store owners head I'd take the crystal and the statue.
    5. What class would you most likely make as your first character in SWTOR?
    Sith Inquisitor
    6. If you could have any color crystal in your lightsaber, what would it be? If you'd like to link to a specific color, feel free to do so.
    Purple like Windu's but darker
    7. What would you say is your strongest asset? What do you bring to the team, as it were?
    Not many people enjoy healing and buffing. I love it
    8. PvE, or PvP? Why?
    PvE I guess because the PvPers in WOW seemed to be a bunch of whiners who couldn't handle the fact that they got beat by someone who knew how to play their class well.
    9. If you had to chose an animal to describe yourself, what would it be, and why?
    Bear- big guy, grumpy when I wake up, thick skinned, cuddly (<-wifes input), fierce defender of my territory, sleep alot (<- wife again)
    10. How do you feel an open dispute between members should be handled? What would you do?
    As quietly as possible (even forcing the members in turmoil into private chat) with an arbitrator if need be
    THE DARKSIDE IS MY SHROUD

Playing:  SWTOR & LOTRO
    Aliases:  Codeous, Codal, Codeth, Cod'or, Codette
    Decent app and great responses to the questions posed. A thumbs up from me.

Thank you Alanras *bow*

Away

I'm gonna give this a little bump. To our current members, you don't have to be playing SWTOR to ask questions. :)

Now for mine: As a personal chef, do you have a favorite dish that you like to prepare? How about your favorite food to eat?

-On Hiatus-

Mistress of Discipline

Aliases:  Mystyria & Andway
    Do you have any pet peeves, both in games and IRL?

How do you deal with conflict? Should you run into a negative experience with a player outside of the guild, what would you typically do?

Welcome. I like what I see so far.

1) Are you interested in continuing with the Clan past SW:TOR?

2) Care to tell us about your experience in WoW and FFXI? What you played, what sort of groups you ran with, etc.

3) The bane of any Support character is incompetent DPS that can't control aggro and pull extras. How do you handle such a situation?

4) Pick one: Talon Karrde or Grand Admiral Thrawn. Why?

5) If you could change any one thing about WoW, what would it be?

6) You have a chance to send an anonymous letter through time to yourself at age 16. What does it say?
    Facta, non verba.
    You are the choices you make.
    |AIM: HeffronCM | Skype: HeffronCM | Gamertag: HeffronCM | CoH Global: @HeffronCM|

As a personal chef, do you have a favorite dish that you like to prepare?
    I love making anything pasta, it's so versitile that really there are unlimited combinations of noodle, sauce and protien

How about your favorite food to eat?
    As lame as this is gonna sound: Steak.

Do you have any pet peeves, both in games and IRL?
    whiners, with the notable exception being young (under 10) kids who usually have a better excuse then others

How do you deal with conflict?
    Honestly it depends on the conflict. I am very patient (thank you Master Tamao), and can talk through most situations calmly. If it does continue past my threshold however I remove myself from the situation (either by /ignore or leaving group etc.). My ultimate limit is family though who I will protect with my life (yo momma jokes accepted however...lol)

Should you run into a negative experience with a player outside of the guild, what would you typically do?
    /ignore, and if they are being real dumb I'll leave group or ask that they be removed. If they are a member of a guild then I might bring up their behavior to their guild master.
    1) Are you interested in continuing with the Clan past SW:TOR?
    If there are other games I would play and this proves to be the awesome guild I think it will be, then yes

2) Care to tell us about your experience in WoW and FFXI? What you played, what sort of groups you ran with, etc.
    FFXI was mostly a guildless run for me, and when I did group up it was with RL friends that got me into it. I played a white mage, and screwed around with a black mage. WoW I played a Disc/Shadow Priest, A resto/feral(tank) druid, and a resto/ele shaman all to 80 and geared the first 2 to raid ICC 10.

3) The bane of any Support character is incompetent DPS that can't control aggro and pull extras. How do you handle such a situation?
    Patience, and calm verbal guidence, unless they are obviously doing so on purpose. I once wiped 15 times because a 'lock kept screwing up but it was a new toon and a new player, we eventually finished and I ran things with this person several times after.

4) Pick one: Talon Karrde or Grand Admiral Thrawn. Why?
    Thrawn- awesome strategist always had a plan

5) If you could change any one thing about WoW, what would it be?
    All the changes to classes, races, baddies that happened because a whiner (or a few) got whooped by someone who plays their toon well or couldn't formulate a strategy to defeat said baddie

6) You have a chance to send an anonymous letter through time to yourself at age 16. What does it say?
    Don't marry Raeleen (ex wife)....lol

click to view
    Thanks for the answers Deslus. I continue to like what I see. Two more questions:

1) You mentioned Master Tamao. Care to tell us that story?

2) Who would you consider a personal role model or hero?
    Facta, non verba.
    You are the choices you make.
    |AIM: HeffronCM | Skype: HeffronCM | Gamertag: HeffronCM | CoH Global: @HeffronCM|

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast