click to view

View Poll Results: Approve or Decline Ebonyflesh's application.

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, approve this application.

6 100.00%
  • No, deny this application.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Viewing the 'Ebonyflesh Join! - Rift 06-26-2012 [APPROVED]' thread.

Playing:  Rift
    Aliases:  Shirei, Imphyria

Ebonyflesh Join! - Rift 06-26-2012 [APPROVED]

click to view
    Today's Date
    • 06-26-2012
    Please tell us your gaming name.
    • Shirei, Imphyria
    Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
    • Rift
    Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
    • I play as a Guardian on the Laethys server with the Southern Stars guild. There has been a little "drama" recently though, and I really don't want to get involved. Hey, don't I have some Defiant characters and a long overdue Hammerfist Clan application to complete? Heck yes!
    Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
    • Yes
    Please tell us your age.
    • 31-40
    Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    • LilianNoir - Fellow Hammerfist Clan member and friend.
    What region of the country/world do you live in?
    • QLD, Australia
    Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
    • None
    How did you hear about us?
    • A Member of HFC
    Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
    • LilianNoir (forum name)
    We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    • I love to have a laugh, that's for sure. Some of my best in game moments have been fooling around with others.
    What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
    • My friend recommended it, as mentioned above. Hammerfist Clan seems to be a very well organised and supportive community, which I would love to participate more actively in.
    What games have you played if any:
    • Rift is my first MMO that I have played. Otherwise I have a somewhat limited experience, only really getting into gaming this year. Skyrim was the first game I played and remains my favourite. Ah, my first love. *sigh*
    How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
    • 4. Often - Headset, log-on, hello everyone.

Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
    • Oh dear, this is the tricky part. I don't really enjoy talking about myself, so will give you a summation of myself to the best of my ability.
      I love to learn, and gaming has been something I've happily added to my list of life experiences to be educated about. I love to have fun with friends, whether they be 'flesh friends' or 'pixel friends'. I value the kind treatment of others over in-game achievements/loot/gear etc., every time. I am turned off by those who are the opposite. I'm a little shy, but I love to listen and participate, so count me in on your spur of the moment rift stomping/questing/statue climbing/undie streaking activites!
    Enter the extra-credit phrase:
    • I love HFC. Yeah!
    And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
    • About a million and 77, but they can wait. :)

Playing:  World of Warcraft
    Aliases:  Raven Winterhart, Raven Love, Raven Lily
    Hello and welcome to the forums. I see Rift is your first MMO, do you plan on playing others? This clan is great, we have games for everyone's interest. So now on to the questions. Make sure you check back often because we are a chatty bunch

What is your favorite thing about Rift? The one thing you would change in Rift?

Do you have any pets?

Most embarrassing gaming moment?

And last but not least; coke or pepsit?

Raven

Catwoman

Playing:  FFXIV:ARR, WoW
    Welcome to the forums, Ebonyflesh! Glad you decided to apply

I remember when I first started gaming (didn't start until much later in life) and it became my favorite pastime (altho sometimes it feels like my guilty pleasure lol!).

A nice thing about HFC is that we are a multi-gaming guild, and we've got that special "glue" that keeps our bonds of friendship strong.

Keep checking back to this thread, as you will get a lot of questions (so that we can get to know each other better) - I'm sure LillianNoir warned you!

Playing:  - GW2 -
    Aliases:  Altha, Althea
    Hello and Welcome -

Nice application and approach to gaming (kindness/camaraderie over achievements/gear)

What's your favorite class to play in Rift, so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Raventoo View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forums. I see Rift is your first MMO, do you plan on playing others? This clan is great, we have games for everyone's interest. So now on to the questions. Make sure you check back often because we are a chatty bunch

What is your favorite thing about Rift? The one thing you would change in Rift?

Do you have any pets?

Most embarrassing gaming moment?

And last but not least; coke or pepsit?

Raven
    Hey Raven! Thank you for the warm welcome. I would like to try another MMO. Guild Wars 2 seems like it might be a lot of fun with some great features, like equal levels in PvP. I'll have to see though, too addicted to Rift right now to look into it!

My favourite thing about Rift would have to be when you get a great group who works well together and has fun. As for what I would change, before I heard about 1.9 I would have said some kind of peer mentoring feature - I think it's a fantastic idea! With that in the works though, I'd have to say a mountain/wall climbing ability. Those unscalable mountains vex me. ;)

I have pets yes, 3 lovely kitties. I am a cat person, though to be fair I really love all kinds of animals. I would have to exclude spiders from that statement though. Playing Rift is hard as an arachnophobe!

Most embarrassing gaming moment....hmm. Well actually the most embarrassing and upsetting thing happened while I was running through my first ever dungeon. I did tell the others it was my first ever dungeon, nevertheless I made a few mistakes and was told if I did such-and-such again I would be kicked. Needless to say I exited the dungeon. My next dungeon run was better, with my friend and her mate guiding me through it step by step. I have seen quite a few players leave dungeons when others were nasty to them, I just think it's abominable :(

And last but definitely not least.... Pepsi! Tastes much better. :)
    Shirei - Defiant Eth Rogue
    Imphyria - Defiant Kelari Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Welcome to the forums, Ebonyflesh! Glad you decided to apply

I remember when I first started gaming (didn't start until much later in life) and it became my favorite pastime (altho sometimes it feels like my guilty pleasure lol!).

A nice thing about HFC is that we are a multi-gaming guild, and we've got that special "glue" that keeps our bonds of friendship strong.

Keep checking back to this thread, as you will get a lot of questions (so that we can get to know each other better) - I'm sure LillianNoir warned you!
    Hi Seven, and thank you for your welcome! Yes I notice that there are many active members here playing many games. How do you all find the headspace?! It's a smart person who can keep track of the various facets of numerous games.

LillianNoir is not really playing Rift at the moment, unfortunately. But you guys will help me fill the void of her absence, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Altha View Post
    Hello and Welcome -

Nice application and approach to gaming (kindness/camaraderie over achievements/gear)

What's your favorite class to play in Rift, so far?
    Hi Altha, I appreciate your welcome. :)

My favourite class is a toss up between Rogue and Cleric. I love Rogue for the stealthiness and ability to either fight or hide. I love Cleric because I love that feeling of saving someone from the brink of death and feeling useful in dungeons. If I had to pick only one to play though, I would probably pick Cleric. Telara needs more love, right? ;)

MMO Diva

Playing:  TSW-WoW
    Greetings Ebonyflesh.aka Shirei, Imphyria

Glad you're finally getting that app in! I will say though Ebonyflesh - I watch way to many zombie flicks and playing TSW - munch munch!

Q&A:

Agree on the Cleric as totally fun. What spec do you like (I have 5-6 different ones) - healing? Sent, Warden, Purfier or ?? or an -icar?

What is the best part about where you live and if I was to visit, what are three can't miss things to see or do?

If you were a plant, what kind would you be and why?

** If you need help in game (Lyril, Biya, Sidthr and Ifari, well Vikah too but she's a baby)

About a million and 77, but they can wait. :)
    Awesome! You need to be in Mumble we need more chatty people....
    "Life is one of the toughest teachers.
    It gives you the test first and the lesson after."

"Tell me with whom you walk and I will tell you who you are"

Dragon in Space

Blogs
    Hi Ebonyflesh! Welcome to HFC ... finally, from what it sounds like, haha. I have to say Australia has always been at or near the top of my Most Interesting Places to Visit list and I FINALLY got that chance a few years ago; passed through Brisbane, spent some time in the Melbourne area (almost a full week), and stayed overnight in Darwin. I was there for the 2007 International Air Show in Avalon, although I was mainly there to work. Ziboo took the question I had, so I shall just patiently await the answer as well.

Ok, a question from me; could you please give the rest of us some insight into the wonderful world of Australian beers; favorite breweries, flavors, and so on? And if any of the rest of you so much as say F*ster's I'ma let Ebonyflesh smack ya!

click to view
    Quote Originally Posted by ziboo View Post
    Greetings Ebonyflesh.aka Shirei, Imphyria

Glad you're finally getting that app in! I will say though Ebonyflesh - I watch way to many zombie flicks and playing TSW - munch munch!

Q&A:

Agree on the Cleric as totally fun. What spec do you like (I have 5-6 different ones) - healing? Sent, Warden, Purfier or ?? or an -icar?

What is the best part about where you live and if I was to visit, what are three can't miss things to see or do?

If you were a plant, what kind would you be and why?

** If you need help in game (Lyril, Biya, Sidthr and Ifari, well Vikah too but she's a baby)

About a million and 77, but they can wait. :)
    Awesome! You need to be in Mumble we need more chatty people....
    Hey Ziboo! Can't wait to meet you in game. :)

As for Cleric specs, well the two main ones that I have enjoyed so far - I say so far because I am a 'soul fiddler' ;) - are Druid and Warden. I adore my Greater Faerie in Druid and Warden has some great HoTs and group heals. I had a friend give me a few pointers for macros on the Warden Spec and they make my life as healer somewhat easier. I still find it stressful, however, and listen to in-game chat with interest but don't contribute a lot as I find I'm concentrating far too much. "Oh, now why is the tank running so fast out of my line of sight? Do they *want* to be dead?" ;)

The best part about where I live for me is my parent's small farm about 15 minutes from me. It's where I grew up and where my heart lies. I am in love with the Australian bush. Three things you can't miss to see or do around here? Well, there is not a great deal that goes on really around here locally, but if you were speaking about a larger radius then I could add some great tourist attractions. 1. Our beaches - some of the most beautiful in the world, or so I'm told. :) 2. Our beautiful countryside with cute yet potentially harmful wildlife - have to love that combination. ;) And 3. would have to be our theme parks which are pretty epic. Australia Zoo is one of them, though I am still mourning the loss of Steve Irwin. Such a legend!

If I were a plant?! That is clever. ;) Now you have made me think. I would have to say the classic rose. The rose is beautiful and soft to the touch, yet armoured against those who wish to harm it. And it would be pink, my favourite colour. Where are the pink dyes in Telara, I ask you?

See you soon I hope. :D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast