click to view

View Poll Results: Approve or Decline Eciodal's application.

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, approve this application.

15 100.00%
  • No, deny this application.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Viewing the 'Eciodal Join! - Lord of the Rings Online 06-19-2012[[APPROVED]' thread.

Eciodal Join! - Lord of the Rings Online 06-19-2012[[APPROVED]

click to view
    Today's Date
    • 06-19-2012
    Please tell us your gaming name.
    • Eciodal
    Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
    • Lord of the Rings Online
    Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
    • No
    Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
    • Yes
    Please tell us your age.
    • 18-30
    Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    • No
    What region of the country/world do you live in?
    • Madison, Wisconsin
    Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
    • None
    How did you hear about us?
    • Gaming Forum
    Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
    • I just stumbled upon this group scouring the kinship forums for the Brandywine server.
    We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    • I tried my attempt at standup and it was quite the epic fail. I like to have fun and don't mind poking fun of myself and occasionally others when everyone knows it is all in good fun.
    What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
    • I like to play with other players, especially instances/raids and PvP, although I heard lotro's version of PvP isn't anything special. I like that this guild both caters casual players and understands real life time constraints while still pushing for endgame content.
    What games have you played if any:
    • WoW, DaoC, D2 and D3 hardcore only, Runes of Magic, Runescape (don't hate, I played in middle school when the game just came out), SC and SC2

I dabbled in a bunch of other computer games and some PS3 games.
    How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
    • 3. Occasional - When I'm not eating Funyuns.

Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
    • I'm going to be a senior in college this year going for my bachelor's degree in Chemistry and my minor in Physics. As I'm from Wisconsin one of every Wisconsinite's favorite past times is the consumption of alcohol...and gaming.

Over the Summer I work for a company basically playing with legos, if legos were really heavy and all you could make are tents, barricades, and stages. The job does allow for a decent amount of travel over the summer which is always a good thing and I work with a group of cool people which always makes the days go by faster.
    Enter the extra-credit phrase:
    • "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."
    And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
    • -

Dragon in Space

Blogs
    Holy cow, someone from my old neck of the woods!

Questions three, I have for thee:

1. What is your most embarrassing moment in gaming?

2. What is the greatest type of cheese in the world?

3. Aragorn, Legolas, and Frodo are walking down the main throughfare of a small town; Aragorn and Legolas walk into a bar ... what does Frodo do?

Welcome to the forums!

Couple of questions:

• What Class(es) do you play?
    • What crafting professions (if any) do you use?
    • So far, what area in game has been your favorite?

I look forward to your responses. :)

Steve

Catwoman

Playing:  FFXIV:ARR, WoW
    Welcome to the forums, Eciodal! Read your earlier intro piece too, you sound like a great fit for HFC!

You've already gotten many good questions, so I'll just ask:
    Have you read Lord of the Rings (commonly called The Trilogy)? (or seen the movies if not) Favorite character, and why?

Glad you found us!

Wow, wasn't expecting this many questions this soon. So I guess lets start at the beginning.

1. What is your most embarrassing moment in gaming?
    About two weeks ago I finally made it into inferno on my Wizard in Diablo 3, hardcore character where death is perminant. Some friends and I were hunting treasure pygmies (referred to as gobos because they look like little goblins with a sack of gold on their back) in inferno where everything hits like a freight train. I should mention that gobos are farmed because they are a generally safe way to gain some much valued loot. I should also mention that during gobo farming you run with two sets of gear. Your normal set of gear which has a good allocation of all stats to allow you to survive and deal damage and a magic find (mf) set of gear to kill the gobo in which has almost purely offensive stats and mf to increase the awesome lootz.

We were at it for a couple of hours and night came so we decided to make a drinking game out of it, for every gobo killed take a drink or shot of beer. A couple more hours past and night turned into early morning and those shots of beer started to add up. Now with all this liquid courage in my stomach lighting a pillar of rage against the evil forces of Sanctuary I forget to change out of my mf gear when we finish killing our last gobo. Now, did I mention that mobs in inferno hit like a freight train? Yeah, they hurt. So we clear the area around our next gobo except one half zombie crawling around on the ground. Thinking I'm still in my normal gear I decide to play around with it because I'm drunk and gobos get boring. After having it follow me for about a minute I take one turn slightly too sharp and the crawling bastard gets a hit off.

BAM!!! YOU ARE DEAD!!! Flashes across my screen. I literally sat in my chair stunned for about 5 minutes before I realized what had happened while my malicious friends got a good laugh out of it. Then I finally came to my senses realized that I lost roughly 60 hours of careful gameplay to a fucking crawling zombie with no legs.

Forever the consummate hardcore player I went to bed that night and woke up with a horrible hangover thinking it was all a dream. Then I logged on and saw my beloved wizard was dead and did the only thing I could, started my war with the evils of Sanctuary all over again.

2. What is the greatest type of cheese in the world?

My natural inclination is to go with munster or a good swiss, but this weekend I just made some killer steaks with a bleu cheese sauce and I'd have to say bleu cheese when treated right tops all. (I love to cook in my free time)

3. Aragorn, Legolas, and Frodo are walking down the main throughfare of a small town; Aragorn and Legolas walk into a bar ... what does Frodo do?

He walks under it! Sometimes being short has its advantages.

Couple of questions:

• What Class(es) do you play?
    • Right now I'm playing a Guardian as my main because normally I like to tank. My alt is a lore keeper because I was looking through the character classes and it was the only class considered 'advanced' and I like a challenge.
    • What crafting professions (if any) do you use?
    • Armsman: Weaponsmith, Prospector, and Woodworker. I'd trade out woodworker for forager if I knew how.
    • So far, what area in game has been your favorite?
    • Bree has been a cool town to explore. I'm still early in the game so I haven't seen much yet. I'm looking forward to getting into some of the 3 mans and 6 mans. I can't wait to eventually explore the Mines of Moria and Isengard.

Have you read Lord of the Rings (commonly called The Trilogy)? (or seen the movies if not) Favorite character, and why?
    Yeah, I've read the books and seen the movies. My favorite character was Bilbo and that's more from The Hobbit because his riddles with Gollum and how he eventually won, best riddle ever. "What's in my pocket?"

If you have anymore questions let me know!

Looking forward to eventually joining when I'm deemed worthy!

+1 from me :)

Dragon in Space

Blogs
    HAHAHAHA! Drunken gaming will be the undoing of us all at one point or another ...

I've never been a fan, or even remotely tolerable, of blue cheese; it's cheese that took the curdling process a little too far, a little too seriously, and became mold. Now, on the subject of curdling, any time I make it back to WI (I grew up in a small town about an hour outside Madison), I absolutely HAVE to get me a fresh bag of cheese curd, and it HAS to squeak when I eat it ... MMMmmmm.

Good answer on Frodo; something along the lines of "Frodo joins the other two inside the bar, peers over the counter, orders himself a pint of their best stout, and, while fumbling through his pockets with a frown, turns to Aragorn and says 'Hey, can you spare me some coin? I seem to be a little short ... '" is also an acceptable answer.

I like your responses and stories so far; you get my vote.

Cry Havoc!

Blogs
    Playing:  GW2
    Aliases:  Zerseer; Talon Hammerpaw; Shard
    Well I have to say you earned bonus points with me right off the bat by putting a Firefly quote in your app. A couple of points for a wall of text answer and a extra point for a drunken gaming story. Hmm.... I guess a single question will push you over the top. You told us your most embarrassing gaming moment. What would you say was your proudest gaming moment?
    https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfbd6uDu-mSC41jluQaSVivAGnTq09iotc4ja9isCKGEXGPTax

SWTOR: Reorth, Shotglaz and Zerseer
    GW2: Talon Hammerpaw
    Neverwinter: Shotglaz and Shard

Bleu cheese sucks by itself, or crumbled up even. But in a sauce it turns into this tangy creamy nectar of the gods.

Firefly has to be one of the best shows on TV in recent memory and it's cancellation still pisses me off to this day.

As far as my proudest moment in gaming goes I'd have to go with finally beating the four horsemen in Naxxramas back in Wow's original form. Not much of a story just long nights of raiding and after more repair bills then I care to remember we downed them. I was one of the tanks and personally one of my favorite mmo fights of all time.

Dragon in Space

Blogs

click to view
    Quote Originally Posted by Eciodal View Post
    Firefly has to be one of the best shows on TV in recent memory and it's cancellation still pisses me off to this day.
    This. QTF.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast