click to view

View Poll Results: Approve or Decline faylisa's application.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, approve this application.

7 100.00%
  • No, deny this application.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
Viewing the 'faylisa Join! - Rift 07-11-2012 [APPROVED]' thread.

Aliases:  Darlin

click to view
    Iris -
    It's never too late to join the party! Sunshine and margaritas for everyone!

Thank you all for the thumbs up. You like me. You really like me! <clutching flowers>

Ok that was sad. I've had one too many espressos today. That my story. Has nothing to do with ice cream for breakfast. Nope. Not a thing.

Tumbletum -
    I'll definitely look you guys up with the guildfinder. :)

Alrighty, answers!

1. I'm pretty new to Rift still, but I do have favourites.
    The Good:
    This I believe is what WoW could have been.
    * I LOVE the soul trees. I'm constantly tweaking my spec, even at level 20ish, to find balance. To try something new. Mostly, to set fire to
    things for a while. I do love fire.

* I love the random rifts opening. No two toons have levelled the same way due to this. There is no grind, there's always something new to go run into and, occasionally, get my butt kicked into humility by. Mostly when I think 'oh yeah, I'm boss'.

* The community. I cannot say this enough. Coming from WoW's community of just horribleness, I'm in love with how helpful people seem to be. Of course there are trolls, every game breeds them. But here, they don't seem to be the majority. And most people can form sentences, with real words. I was shocked!
    -- In the same vein as community, I do like that there's accountability. WoW suffers from the cross-realm group and raid thing, which just decimated the community and any accountability for anyone. Travelling around, I see familiar faces who will nod or wave at me, and people just seem to be genuinely nice. Whether this is due to the reputation factor, knowing that if you're a total troll it'll affect your grouping ability, well, we may never know. But it's awesome.

* It's pretty. I run a gaming machine built to run everything on ultra, because well, I like pretty things. Rift is visually bloody stunning, coming from a 7 year old game. I get killed more by standing somewhere and looking around whispering 'oooooo, shiny'. I get lost a lot doing that too, but it ends up being some huge adventure that I sit in my chair and squee at. :)

The Bad:
    I can see how this is not a game for the 'average housewife' kinda thing. The soul trees took me a good few weeks to figure out, but I like puzzles and mysteries. I'm not sure that's even a negative, now that I read it.

* Even with a gaming rig (3gb of ram on the sli video cards), when I'm out hunting, I have to turn the settings down to medium to get a framerate of over 80fps. Of course, this just means I keep looking at the machine thinking - oohh I'll need more toys for you!

* The dwarves look like they have down's syndrome. This makes me sad. I love dwarves. Played one in DAOC, played one in WoW. I was fine with them at first, until my boyfriend giggled and said "good god she has down's syndrome". He's ruined dwarves for me. Now, that's all I see when I look at them. Damnit.

Until I get into serious dungeons and raiding, that's all the bad I have.
    Though, I need another 4 hours at least a day to play more. So, if I could manage 28 hour days, that'd be awesome.

2. Good god, that was long. I'm sorry about that.
    Boarding. mmmm boarding.

I ride a 142 Rome Vinyl. I learned on Rome boards, and I'm in love with how flexible and smooth they are.
    I've tried Burton, not a fan. Boarding Vail, I broke a new one in less than 2 months.
    Rome can take my abuse. :)
    I respect that in a board.

If I had unlimited funds, I'd still ride Rome boards. Just, have more of them. :)
    I had to sell my other 2 boards when I moved back to Canada from Colorado - no real need for a powder board up here sadly. Though I hear the interior of the province has some sick powder mid season. I'll have to make the trip.

3. I used to ride the park a lot and loved, LOVED being in the air as much as I could. I had a really nasty accident though, whacking my head hard enough to lose 3 months. So, I got nervous in the park, and mostly stick to just meandering down the mountain, finding tree runs full of powder and untouched snow to violate.
    There's nothing on earth like the silence on the side of a 14,000 foot mountain blanketed in snow, surrounded by trees.

I'm perpetually lost though, so I do get lost a lot on the mountain. People will ask me what run is my favourite, and I have no clue. I wasn't looking at signs while lost in the bliss that is the board, and that snow. :)

It's about the only thing I'll get my butt out of bed at 5am for. :)

Ok really. I'm back to work.
    No really. See? CSS running like an avalanche.

Shoot to Thrill

Playing:  Rift
    Aliases:  Valdon, Cuetip
    Excellent aswers, though all talk about hittin the slopes makes me want to do that again (though unfortunatrly, have never been out on real mountains in real powder, which makes me sad). have not been on a board in 12 years now. oh well, on the the present. with answers like that I would have to say umm yea.
    Tumbletum
    Rift Team
    Valdon, Cuetip, Malachy
    (Insert cool sig pic here)

Playing:  World of Warcraft
    Aliases:  Raven Winterhart, Raven Love, Raven Lily
    Great answers. Yes vote here!!

Shameless Altoholic

back in Lubbock, TX, home of Texas Tech's Red Raiders
    Playing:  SWTOR now and then
    Quote Originally Posted by faylisa View Post
    By the way, if you don't see me on as Darlin (my bard), you can find me as Delyrium (my chloro mage). Still unsure which I'm in love with more. :)
    Ah, come on now. Rogues are way cooler than those silly old mages!

Soolaiman,
    I have lots of love for both. :)

Though, I love being able to pull off playing a bard, sans-pet, and still kind of, occasionally, kick ass.
    More or less.

I've heard they really shine as support in groups, and I'm looking forward to that.
    When, of course, I manage the guts to join a group. For a dungeon.
    Darlin has stage fright :)

I'm dorky and I know it!!

Playing:  Rift, TSW, GW2
    Aliases:  Darcprayer, Darcmagic, Darcblood
    Well Lets see if we can cure that.

Welcome to the clan!

Rift- Darconus: 60 Warrior/300 Weaponsmith/300 Miner
    The Secret World- Darconus: Templar Blades and Blood
    World of Warcraft- Darchorns: Tauren Druid
    Neverwinter- Darconus: Guardian Fighter

I'm dorky and I know it!!

Playing:  Rift, TSW, GW2
    Aliases:  Darcprayer, Darcmagic, Darcblood
    Be sure to go here and request your Rift membership badge.
    http://www.hammerfistclan.com/forum/...editusergroups

Rift- Darconus: 60 Warrior/300 Weaponsmith/300 Miner
    The Secret World- Darconus: Templar Blades and Blood
    World of Warcraft- Darchorns: Tauren Druid
    Neverwinter- Darconus: Guardian Fighter

Catwoman

Playing:  FFXIV:ARR, WoW
    Grats and welcome!

yay, thank you!

<dances a little>

Shoot to Thrill