Hi Friskykat, welcome to the forums. Please describe to us your most memorable gaming moment. As for your question it all depends on what the load is.
Yes, approve this application.
No, deny this application.
Please tell us your gaming name.
Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
- Secret World
Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
Please tell us your age.
Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
What region of the country/world do you live in?
Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
- So Cal
How did you hear about us?
Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
- I searched through cabals on the Secret World forums for one that looked friendly and well-organized.
What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
- Jeez, why game if you can't have fun and joke around? I'm very chatty, laugh a lot, and am offended by nothing. Well, virtually nothing; I don't want that to become some kind of challenge....(can envision the "zombie nuns eating babies" jokes ahead)
What games have you played if any:
- Your website is gorgeous (I'm a chick, we like things to look nice), you seem to be an easy-going yet organized guild, and look to be large enough that there will be people to chat with or do stuff with when I'm playing.
How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
- Oh christ, name it. WoW, Vanguard, Aion, Warhammer, LotR, Conan, Rift, SWTOR - I've dabbled in most of the other larger MMO's as well, but didn't play up past the first 10-20 levels.
- 4. Often - Headset, log-on, hello everyone.
Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
Enter the extra-credit phrase:
- I have a real life that I greatly enjoy - work, family, home; but it's so nice to slip off to the computer and enter the virtual realm. The adventures come fast and furious, there's no dishes to be done (altho some games have had enough grind that it FELT like doing the dishes), and I've made some great friends through gaming. I spend a lot of time with my real-life friends, including once-a-week cards and what-not, but it's always a bit of work and texts to co-ordinate; but a spare half-hour can always find some guild-mates ready to chat and adventure. It seems like your guild values both real-world life and commitments and gaming goals, so that's a perfect fit for me.
And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
- I love HFC
- What is the air speed velocity of a laded swallow?
Glad you found HFC, awesome choice! Greetings from NorCal.
** Disclaimer - I'm sure you've read a few other apps so expect to be quizzed in various ways by the gang here. You can quiz back too!
If you had three hours to do anything you wanted (in game/RL) what would you do?
Which MMO did you enjoy the most and why?
I'll assume you were in other guilds in other MMO's what was a good/bad experience?
The most important - do you ever refer to California as Cali? (demerits if so!) It's just ack awful!
What is the air speed velocity of a laded swallow?
OMG again with the swallows! Whomever cared enough to measure this, probably got a govt grant to do it!
If you can't dazzle them with your skills,
then bamboozle them with your footwork!
Hey FriskyKat! Welcome to our home!
Ziboo would likely be thinking of me when she mentions her disliking the use of "Cali" ... lol. She used NorCal though, so I think I'm safe with that ...
Ok, questions ... questions ...
What is your most favorite weapon combination so far in Secret World?
Which role do you tend to lean toward more in the majority of MMOs you play?
What is the capitol of Assyria?
As for your question, I have a question in response: just what the heck is this swallow laden with? Need some kind of weight to plug into the formula for the question of "What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" in order to accurately answer you.
Prone to sudden violent outbursts
Don't follow me, I tend to fall down.
Most memorable gaming moment....I began MMOs with WoW, not too long after it released, and running around in those early days was just mind-blowing. The sheer size of it, the sand-box-y freedom to go where-ever you wanted, and the challenge (because back then, the damn map didn't "ding" to tell you where to quest, dagnabit - you had to bloody well search to find your mobs, or ask around, or check a wiki). Anyway, it felt like a brave new world, and we were all noobs trying to help each other through it, and it was just amazing.
Hiya FriskyKat! Welcome to the forums. I enjoyed reading your app and have a couple questions.
1) What was your most embarrassing gaming moment?
2) Have you ever played a male toon, if so how long and did you tell anyone you were a girl? I tried playing a male toon once made it to level 5 felt too weird to continue.
3) Favorite card game?
I won't ask the cats vs dogs question, based on your gaming name I think I know
I do sometimes say "Cali" but SoCali just sounds weird. NorCal sounds like industrial-strength kitchen cleaner.
I played a couple of betas in SW, but didn't really get a fave weapon combo going. I liked throwing magic well enough, and really liked the off-beat nature of the quests, but I'll need to mix and match more once the game opens.
As to a fave MMO role, glass cannon all the way!! I loooove me some bad-ass DPS, and slinging fire is my usual playstyle.
The capitol of Assyria was Nineveh - yes, I actually googled that for you, because I'm a helpful bear like that. =)
As to the "laden swallow" thing, there are only two questions a true geek falls back on - the swallows one (from Monty Python's Holy Grail), and "what's the meaning of life?" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (answer: 42)
Most embarrassing gaming moment? Oh god (blushes) let's just say that it's way to easy to forget that you have vent open....
I played a male toon briefly, and yeah, it was just too odd. I'm not sure why, but it didn't appeal to me at all.
My fave card game is kinda rare, it's called "hand and foot"; but I'll play anything, especially with a little money on the line.
I love doggies, actually! I've had cats and dogs, love both. My real-life nick-name is "Kat", thus the game-name.
If I could do reaaallly anything I wanted in those 3 hours, a fabulous meal in Paris. More realistically, a fabulous meal here with friends.
Tough to pick a fave MMO, they really had different strong points. I did enjoy Rift a lot recently, but like most MMOs I've played, I get bored with the end-game. The biggest disappointment was SWTOR *sigh*. I was hoping to love it, but it bored the pants off me. I won't even mention the cluster-f#@k that was Final Fantasy XIV. Seriously, they must have been drunk to release that game.
style.org > Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow
Also! you have my vote!
Prone to sudden violent outbursts
Don't follow me, I tend to fall down.