click to view

View Poll Results: Approve or Decline FriskyKat's application.

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, approve this application.

7 100.00%
  • No, deny this application.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Viewing the 'FriskyKat Join! - Secret World 06-25-2012 {APPROVED}' thread.

FriskyKat Join! - Secret World 06-25-2012 {APPROVED}

click to view
    Today's Date
    • 06-25-2012
    Please tell us your gaming name.
    • FriskyKat
    Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
    • Secret World
    Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
    • Nope
    Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
    • Yes
    Please tell us your age.
    • 31-40
    Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    • Nope
    What region of the country/world do you live in?
    • So Cal
    Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
    • -
    How did you hear about us?
    • Other
    Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
    • I searched through cabals on the Secret World forums for one that looked friendly and well-organized.
    We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    • Jeez, why game if you can't have fun and joke around? I'm very chatty, laugh a lot, and am offended by nothing. Well, virtually nothing; I don't want that to become some kind of challenge....(can envision the "zombie nuns eating babies" jokes ahead)
    What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
    • Your website is gorgeous (I'm a chick, we like things to look nice), you seem to be an easy-going yet organized guild, and look to be large enough that there will be people to chat with or do stuff with when I'm playing.
    What games have you played if any:
    • Oh christ, name it. WoW, Vanguard, Aion, Warhammer, LotR, Conan, Rift, SWTOR - I've dabbled in most of the other larger MMO's as well, but didn't play up past the first 10-20 levels.
    How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
    • 4. Often - Headset, log-on, hello everyone.

Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
    • I have a real life that I greatly enjoy - work, family, home; but it's so nice to slip off to the computer and enter the virtual realm. The adventures come fast and furious, there's no dishes to be done (altho some games have had enough grind that it FELT like doing the dishes), and I've made some great friends through gaming. I spend a lot of time with my real-life friends, including once-a-week cards and what-not, but it's always a bit of work and texts to co-ordinate; but a spare half-hour can always find some guild-mates ready to chat and adventure. It seems like your guild values both real-world life and commitments and gaming goals, so that's a perfect fit for me.
    Enter the extra-credit phrase:
    • I love HFC
    And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
    • What is the air speed velocity of a laded swallow?

DERP?

Blogs
    Playing:  TSW,D3,DayZ,GW2,WoT
    Hi Friskykat, welcome to the forums. Please describe to us your most memorable gaming moment. As for your question it all depends on what the load is.

MMO Diva

Playing:  TSW-WoW
    Greetings FriskyKat.

Glad you found HFC, awesome choice! Greetings from NorCal.

** Disclaimer - I'm sure you've read a few other apps so expect to be quizzed in various ways by the gang here. You can quiz back too!

Q&A:
    If you had three hours to do anything you wanted (in game/RL) what would you do?

Which MMO did you enjoy the most and why?

I'll assume you were in other guilds in other MMO's what was a good/bad experience?

The most important - do you ever refer to California as Cali? (demerits if so!) It's just ack awful!

What is the air speed velocity of a laded swallow?
    OMG again with the swallows! Whomever cared enough to measure this, probably got a govt grant to do it!
    "Life is one of the toughest teachers.
    It gives you the test first and the lesson after."

"Tell me with whom you walk and I will tell you who you are"

Dragon in Space

Blogs
    Playing:  AA, SC,
    Hey FriskyKat! Welcome to our home!

Ziboo would likely be thinking of me when she mentions her disliking the use of "Cali" ... lol. She used NorCal though, so I think I'm safe with that ...

Ok, questions ... questions ...

What is your most favorite weapon combination so far in Secret World?

Which role do you tend to lean toward more in the majority of MMOs you play?

What is the capitol of Assyria?

As for your question, I have a question in response: just what the heck is this swallow laden with? Need some kind of weight to plug into the formula for the question of "What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?" in order to accurately answer you.

Most memorable gaming moment....I began MMOs with WoW, not too long after it released, and running around in those early days was just mind-blowing. The sheer size of it, the sand-box-y freedom to go where-ever you wanted, and the challenge (because back then, the damn map didn't "ding" to tell you where to quest, dagnabit - you had to bloody well search to find your mobs, or ask around, or check a wiki). Anyway, it felt like a brave new world, and we were all noobs trying to help each other through it, and it was just amazing.

Playing:  World of Warcraft
    Aliases:  Raven Winterhart, Raven Love, Raven Lily
    Hiya FriskyKat! Welcome to the forums. I enjoyed reading your app and have a couple questions.

1) What was your most embarrassing gaming moment?
    2) Have you ever played a male toon, if so how long and did you tell anyone you were a girl? I tried playing a male toon once made it to level 5 felt too weird to continue.
    3) Favorite card game?

I won't ask the cats vs dogs question, based on your gaming name I think I know

I do sometimes say "Cali" but SoCali just sounds weird. NorCal sounds like industrial-strength kitchen cleaner.

I played a couple of betas in SW, but didn't really get a fave weapon combo going. I liked throwing magic well enough, and really liked the off-beat nature of the quests, but I'll need to mix and match more once the game opens.

As to a fave MMO role, glass cannon all the way!! I loooove me some bad-ass DPS, and slinging fire is my usual playstyle.

The capitol of Assyria was Nineveh - yes, I actually googled that for you, because I'm a helpful bear like that. =)

As to the "laden swallow" thing, there are only two questions a true geek falls back on - the swallows one (from Monty Python's Holy Grail), and "what's the meaning of life?" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (answer: 42)

Most embarrassing gaming moment? Oh god (blushes) let's just say that it's way to easy to forget that you have vent open....

I played a male toon briefly, and yeah, it was just too odd. I'm not sure why, but it didn't appeal to me at all.

My fave card game is kinda rare, it's called "hand and foot"; but I'll play anything, especially with a little money on the line.

I love doggies, actually! I've had cats and dogs, love both. My real-life nick-name is "Kat", thus the game-name.

If I could do reaaallly anything I wanted in those 3 hours, a fabulous meal in Paris. More realistically, a fabulous meal here with friends.

Tough to pick a fave MMO, they really had different strong points. I did enjoy Rift a lot recently, but like most MMOs I've played, I get bored with the end-game. The biggest disappointment was SWTOR *sigh*. I was hoping to love it, but it bored the pants off me. I won't even mention the cluster-f#@k that was Final Fantasy XIV. Seriously, they must have been drunk to release that game.

Wildstar Co-Lead

Playing:  -{[WILDSTAR]}-
    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyKat View Post
    "what's the meaning of life?" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (answer: 42)
    Whoa, spoiler alert!
    I only have 2 questions since anyone who enjoys MP and HGG must have a good sense of humor.

If you could bring any 1 comedian/music artist/celebrity back from the dead, who would it be and why?

What is your favorite word?
    Video games don't affect you negatively; withdrawal does.

Battle.net ID: TehGiz#1245
    ESO ID: @TehGiz
    Origin ID: TehGiz

Dragon in Space

Blogs
    Playing:  AA, SC,

click to view
    As to a fave MMO role, glass cannon all the way!! I loooove me some bad-ass DPS, and slinging fire is my usual playstyle.
    Word. I am a fan of the DPS roles as well. Flashing bladed type weapons are usually my MMO forte.

The capitol of Assyria was Nineveh - yes, I actually googled that for you, because I'm a helpful bear like that. =)
    Nineveh was actually the last of four capitals (sorry, I used the wrong context before, bad me) that Assyria had during its history; Assur was the first, followed by Calah (Nimrud), and Dur Sharrukin being the third. Google is fun and informative!

As to the "laden swallow" thing, there are only two questions a true geek falls back on - the swallows one (from Monty Python's Holy Grail), and "what's the meaning of life?" from Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (answer: 42)
    Just in case you hadn't seen this yet, someone had actually taken the time and effort to answer this question:

style.org > Estimating the Airspeed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow

Also! you have my vote!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Blood Dragon For This Useful Post:

FriskyKat (06-26-2012)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast