click to view

View Poll Results: Approve or Decline Verusius's application.

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, approve this application.

11 100.00%
  • No, deny this application.

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Viewing the 'Verusius Join! - Secret World 07-18-1978 [approved]' thread.

Vagabond

Blogs
    Playing:  Destiny (PS4)
    Aliases:  Veru, Verune

Verusius Join! - Secret World 07-18-1978 [approved]

click to view
    Today's Date
    • 07-18-2012

Please tell us your gaming name.
    • Veru

Which one of our gaming teams do you currently have the most interest in joining initially?
    • Secret World

Do you belong to any other guilds for the game in which you are applying?
    • No

Have you read our Code of Conduct, Forum Rules and agree to abide by them?
    • Yes

Please tell us your age.
    • 31-40

Do you have any relatives or friends currently active within the Hammerfist community, or were you recruited by someone? If so, who?
    • No

What region of the country/world do you live in?
    • Las Vegas

Besides English, do you speak any other languages?
    • None

How did you hear about us?
    • A Member of HFC

Is there a name you can associate with the above question?
    • Elgan

We like to have fun, how's your sense of humor? Not so good? Good? You're a standup comedian you say?
    • Great! While not a stand up comedian I do tend to be a bit off the wall sometimes.

What was it that made you choose us over those other guilds?
    • I've heard of you guys in WoW and SWTOR and have visited your site before. I do like what I see and am really interested in multi-gaming as opposed to a single game. Some friendships are hard to let go of ya know?

What games have you played if any:
    • WoW, FFXI, Rift, DCUO and SWTOR

How do you rate your Mumble/Ventrilo/Teamspeak use?
    • 4. Often - Headset, log-on, hello everyone.

Please tell us a little about yourself, aside from gaming. Perhaps some hobbies, about your work, favorite story etc.
    • 34 Male from Las Vegas. Divorced Father of 3. Currently working 6 days a week to pay the bills. Engineer for the local trash company in which I maintain a Bio-Desulferization plant used in converting landfill gasses into energy. Other than work, I game when I'm not with the kids or my girlfriend.

Enter the extra-credit phrase:
    • I love HFC 7. Yes 7 is REALLY my favorite number...lol

And last but not least, do you have any questions for us?
    • How's your late night early morning population?

Last edited by Verusius; 07-22-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Playing:  WoW, SWTOR
    Hey Verusius! Glad to see you made it over this way! Some questions for you:

What kind of character are you/do you want to be in TSW?
    How's life in Las Vegas?
    Aside from "fun factor," what is one element you have to have in every game you play (either online or not)?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vladic For This Useful Post:

Verusius (07-18-2012)

Vagabond

Blogs
    Thanks! Glad to be here. As for the questions:

What kind of character are you/do you want to be in TSW: As of right now I'm aiming for healer cuz I always play healers, but the great thing about TSW is we can be anything. So eventually I'll be doing everything..well mostly Healing and Tanking.

How's life in Las Vegas? HOT! Gonna be a very hot summer. Good thing I work Graveyard...lol

Aside from "fun factor," what is one element you have to have in every game you play (either online or not)? A great story! I'm always big into lore and what not. It's like reading a book , but you don't wanna read it you wanna live it, control it and just lose yourself in it.

The Lord of the Pies

Blogs
    Playing:  SW:TOR, WoW, TSW
    Aliases:  Trypp, Ston'e, Brykk (SW:TOR)
    Greetings Verusius and welcome to the forums!

As for your question, I can only speak as to TSW right now and every time I log in, there are always at least a few HFCers on. I typically play late mornings and some late evenings CDT. I work an afternoon/evening shift.

On to the grilling! You can expect even more questions in the coming days form others, questions like:

Do you like to play many different games concurrently, known as polygamerous around here I think, or do you prefer to focus on one at a time?
    What's your favorite place to get a burger in LV?
    Most important of all, how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

90 Warrior Steelbull
    90 Mage Ignezzio
    58 Rogue Stealbull
    31 Hunter Kelulilembu
    21 Monk Grumtaror

Ham'mer Legacy
    55 Sith Assassin Ston'e
    55 Pub Vanguard Brykk

55 Imp Operative Trypp
    Pub Smuggler Balpi'in

47 Sith Warrior Stee'l
    Alan "Steelbull" Lomax
    Advanced Decks
    Gladiator, Puritan,
    Warlock, Witch Hunter

60 Warrior Steelbull
    46 Mage Butterkreme
    43 Rogue Remy
    26 Cleric Ganache

Vagabond

Blogs
    Lol ya know I didn't expect the questions from the community like this. It's different, but I kinda like it! Bring on the grilling!

Do you like to play many different games concurrently, known as polygamerous around here I think, or do you prefer to focus on one at a time?: I used to play alot of games at once when I was younger, but now I find it hard to keep track of 'em. I tend to just play one MMO at a time now days. I will sometimes play other games on my PS3 or PC, but I mostly stick with MMO's.

What's your favorite place to get a burger in LV?: Oh geez thats a tough one. In town with about a thousand places to get a burger ranging from cheap to gourmet...I'm gonna have to say "Five Guy's Burger and Fries". It's a small chain, but leave it to us locals to find the best hole in the walls...lol

Most important of all, how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?: Let's find out. One....Two....Three!

MMO Diva

Playing:  TSW-WoW
    Greetings Verusius / Veru.

Good for Elgan heading you to HFC and you finally applying!

"...Bio-Desulferization plant used in converting landfill gasses into energy." Very cool job btw (I'm one of those green Californians!

Q&A:
    Crucial question. Are you raising your kids correctly? As in do the game?

You mentioned you only play one MMO at a time, but also you like playing different MMO's..Come to the polygamerous side it's where you belong. What three MMO's would you play if you could and why those three?

What are the three best things to see in Vegas and why those three?

How's your late night early morning population?
    I'm PST but rarely play mornings. I'm on sometime from 6pm PST to 1am PST for 3-4 hours max (well that's the goal I have at least!). I know there are people that play earlier/later depends on work/school/RL. Weekends its usually busy all the time.
    "Life is one of the toughest teachers.
    It gives you the test first and the lesson after."

"Tell me with whom you walk and I will tell you who you are"

Vagabond

Blogs
    Hello Ziboo,

Yea it's a cool job, but oh my does it smell. It's everywhere! In my clothes, my hair, my skin. It gets in my car when I drive home and it's not like it will just fade either. Oh no, I have to wash my clothes my in vineger and febreeze the crap outta my car to get rid of it, but I still like it cuz I'm crazy like that. Although it drives the girlfriend crazy..lol

Are you raising your kids correctly? As in do the game?: Yes my two oldest (sons) game. In fact they game more than me..lol. My youngest (daughter) isn't really into it as hardcore as my sons, but does play sometimes.

What three MMO's would you play if you could and why those three?: Fair enough. I feel though I should explain a few things first. I do currently have more than one active sub to few MMO's. First there is WoW. While I still pay for it I ain't played scence January (dumb yearly contract). Tha'st when I built my new computer to play SWTOR and I also grabbed Final Fantasy XIV cuz I was huge Final Fantasy XI fan. Now I played SWTOR till TSW launch and havn't looked back once and I only play FFXIV when TSW/SWTOR goes down for maintanence. Why do I even bother with XIV? you may ask...Well like I said I was a FFXI fan and I am looking forward to FFXIV 2.0. Now as for what three...#1 TSW cuz it's awesome and reminds me of FFXI, I have Guild Wars 2 pre-purchaced already so thats #2 and #3 would be FFXIV 2.0 when it's released late this year cuz I'm a total FF fanboy.

What are the three best things to see in Vegas and why those three?: Oh boy... Hrmmmm. As a local I tend to steer clear of the tourist locations, but you asked so I'll give it a whirl. Gonna go with Me, Myself and I cuz I'm super rad and everyone loves me! :P..Just kidding! I like to see the World Series of Poker at the Rio when it comes to town cuz I'm a huge poker nut, then there's the Sirens of TI show at Treasure Island cuz it fun to watch and it's FREE. Lastly I like to the see the Spazmatics at Club Madrid cuz who doen't like '80's cover bands?

Now to clear up my question on the late night population thing. I asked cuz I work Graveyard, so on my days off I play all night and the days I work I play when I get home at like 4-6am to about 10am (well thats the plan anyway.lol).

Wildstar Co-Lead

Playing:  -{[WILDSTAR]}-
    Quote Originally Posted by Verusius View Post
    What's your favorite place to get a burger in LV?: Oh geez thats a tough one. In town with about a thousand places to get a burger ranging from cheap to gourmet...I'm gonna have to say "Five Guy's Burger and Fries". It's a small chain, but leave it to us locals to find the best hole in the walls...lol
    Five Guys in LV? Excellent. I didn't realize Five Guys went out that far. All the signage in NJ just show it's ranking/reviews in the tri-state area. Good choice!

FFXI, eh? What was your main character/job combination?

The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Lucky for you, he's a pretty cool guy. He has given you a half hour to do anything you want before you bite it. What are you gonna do?
    Video games don't affect you negatively; withdrawal does.

Battle.net ID: TehGiz#1245
    ESO ID: @TehGiz
    Origin ID: TehGiz

Fancypants

Playing:  Archeage
    Aliases:  Pyro, Pyroh, Pyroluna
    Welcome to the HFC forums!
    Hello fellow Las Vegan. There are a few of us night owls/early morning people.
    What is your favorite music?
    Favorite color?
    The Queen of all things boring and useless.

Vagabond

Blogs

click to view
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
    Five Guys in LV? Excellent. I didn't realize Five Guys went out that far. All the signage in NJ just show it's ranking/reviews in the tri-state area. Good choice!
    Wow I didn't know they where even outside of our Tri-State area..lol

FFXI, eh? What was your main character/job combination?: I was either WHM/SCH, BRD/WHM or BRD/NIN.

The Angel of Death has descended upon you. Lucky for you, he's a pretty cool guy. He has given you a half hour to do anything you want before you bite it. What are you gonna do?: Wow ummm. Well I guess cuz it's only a half hour I'd spend it seeing my kids one last time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast